History of Hopeful Evangelical Lutheran Church

Hopeful Lutheran Church is located at
6430 Hopeful Church Road, Florence, Boone County, Ky

picture taken March 2011

click here to visit the Hopeful Lutheran Church website

1806 First Constitution

The first Constitution of Hopeful Church, written in German, was adopted on January 6, 1806.

click to view the images

click for pdf version

English Translation of 1806 Constitution

Below is the third Hopeful Church built in 1837

This third Hopeful Church building replaced the 2nd log structure.

Below is a picture of the interior of the 1837 Hopeful Church building.
Notice the hanging oil lamps, wood stove to the left, the stars on the wall, and the lacy paper border.

The Hopeful Enclave ~ Boone County, Ky. 1805-1920

published by Paul Tanner, Frankfort, Ky. 1994

click here to open pdf document

1883 Atlas Map of the Hopeful Church area

click for large area map

Below is the fourth Hopeful Church building built in 1917
that still stands today with its magnificent stained glass windows.

This Church building replaced the 1837 Church building.

Hopeful Lutheran Church Cemetery

1953 Listing of burials and Index
published by William A. and Anne W. Fitzgerald 1962

Index to Photos of the Hopeful Church Cemetery
which includes photos of the entire back section of the cemetery
from the collections of Carol Osborne

Back to Boone Germanna Home Page